- Blender or Mixer
- Measuring Cup
- Bowl/Container of choice
- Unrefined Shea Butter
- Coconut Oil and EVOO ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Tea Tree Oil or Honey
- Essential Oil
- Take 1/2 cups of unrefined Shea butter and place in blender ( You can soften the Shea butter by heating in the microwave for 30 second NOTE: Do Not melt all the way)
- Add 1/3 cup of Coconut Oil and EVOO. Be careful to not add too much, It will make your mix oily; Mix
- Add a few tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel; Mix
- Add 1 tablespoon of Vegetable Glycerin(humectant), Mix
- Be Careful not to add too much, V. Glycerin has a very thick consistency, A little goes a long way
- V. Glycerin should not be used in cold months since it is an humectant and pulls moisture from the air. This will make your hair hard.
- Add 10 drops of tea Tree oil or tablespoon of honey:MIX (preservative)
- Tea tree oil has a very strong smell that many may not like so use honey instead.
- This will keep your natural products from molding. Also avoid water mixing in as well.
- Add essential oil of your choice for fragrance; MIX
- Lavender, Lemongrass, grapeseed oil, etc
Get creative and play with different oils in your mixes, and let me know how they worked for you.