Monday, November 8, 2010

Ayurvedic Conditioner Mix

source
(My paste looked very similar this)
Ingredients

3 tsp Brahmi Powder
3 tsp  Amla Powder
3 Tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
3 tsp Bhringraj Oil
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/4 Herbal Essence Hello Hydration

Instructions:

You should pre-treat your hair with Coconut Oil(or other oils) before applying Ayurvedic mixtures
Cover hair with plastic cap and Let Sit on hair for one hours 
Take ingredients and mix in glass bowl
Rinse Coconut Oil from hair using lukewarm water
Apply mixture from scalp to ends
Massage into scalp and them cover with plastic cap
Let sit on hair for AT LEAST 45 minutes to overnight
Rinse

This mixture can be used as a pre poo as well!!

My hair was super soft and thick after this conditioner mix.  I then followed up with a leave-in conditioner, flat twisted me hair and sealed my ends with coconut oil.  I am currently wearing protective styles, to give my hair a break and help my growth. (Plus, I don't want to do my hair)

Throughout the week I will follow-up with an Ayurvedic oil scalp massage, seal my ends and re-twist the hair.


I will post picture comparisons throughout the 6 month Ayurvedic Challenge!
Note:  It is much easier to rinse paste from hair by lying down in tub or dunking your head in sink.


Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

    nolvadex

    ReplyDelete