Monday, May 9, 2011

Cassia Treatment & Deep Conditioner

Cassia, also called neutral henna, is purported to give you the same results of henna, strengthening, shine and conditioning, without the dye.  If your hair is dark, you will experience no color change, but if your hair is pale or blonde you will experience a golden tint.  So, if you are scared to make the commitment to henna color, but want to experience some of it;s benefits, Cassia is it.  I just wanted to try it before I make the plunge into full henna treatment. 

 
I used a Whole foods brand, because I was too impatient to wait and order from http://www.mehandi.com/.  But be careful to any box that says, brown henna, black henna, etc.  There is no such thing and these products are sometimes not natural, as they label them.  If you want more info, visit http://www.hennaforhair.com/ and http://www.mehandi.com/ for  more in depth info.  Since neutral henna aka Cassia has no dye, I decided to give it a try. 

 
Application:

 
Depending on hair length, take 100-200 grams of Cassia and add warm distilled water.
Mix paste and apply.  (must be used within 1 hour)
After covering hair with paste cover with plastic cap and let sit for 2 hours.
Dunk head in water and rinse paste out.
Follow up with deep conditioner!

 
Deep Conditioner

 
I got this idea from another blog,  which I can't remember at the moment, but she added Shea butter to Trader Joe's Tea tree Conditioner.  If you have ever tried a shea butter hot oil treatment or any other hot oil treatment, they can become messy and drippy.  While  I love the results, I hate the mess.  Well this method will help you get the benefits of the oil treatment, while using thick conditioner to prevent all the mess and drip.

 

 
Instructions;
  •  Make shea butter hot oil treatment
  • Add Conditioner until it reaches your desired texture and stir
  • Apply to hair.

 
I was lazy, since I waited until 10pm to start my Cassia treatment, so I just applied this mix to my hair, covered with a plastic cap, placed a tight headband around the perimeter and wrapped my head in towel.  This allowed my body heat to keep the deep conditioner warm , while I slept.  (I'm going to invest in a turban head towel in the future so I don't have to keep waking up and adjusting towel)  I rinsed the next morning and my hair was so, soft.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment