Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Whipped Body Butter

I have tried two other body butter recipes, which I liked, but I still found that my skin cracked in some places due to the extremely cold weather we have been having in Chicago.  For this recipe I will be trying a different process and ingredients:

Ingredients:

  • 4oz Shea Butter
  • 3oz Mango Butter
  • 2 Tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
  • 1 tbsp Castor Oil
  • 1tsp Jojoba Oil
  • 1 tsp Grapeseed Oil
  • 1 tsp Vitamin E Oil
  • EO of choice
  • 1% Optiphen (preservative)
Instructions:

  1. Measure out butter using scale
  2. Soften Butters in Microwave on low heat  for 10-30 seconds or using a double boiler
  3. Place butters in bowl and whip with your mixer on high for 5 minutes
  4. Add EO to carrier oil of choice and mix
  5. Add preservative(s) of choiceand mix
  6. Place Whipped Shea butter in clean jar

I have to admit this mix is very thick, but dries non-greasy on skin.  A little goes a long way!


Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Check out my blog on Shea butter:
    www.mrslaborn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete