Monday, January 16, 2012

Deep Conditioner Bars...Sad days of mixing


I recently found a recipe on Lola Zabeth and I just had to try it. I made a few adjustments to her recipe because I did not want the darkening effect of cocoa powder since I like the red from my henna treatments. Here's what I did.

Ingredients:
  • 5oz Rhassoul Clay
  • 2oz unrefined Cocoa Butter
  • 2oz (Coconut Oil & Olive Oil; I ran out of olive oil,lol)
  • 1oz Nettle leaf and hibiscus flower powder
  • 2tbs Cassia powder
  • 2 tsp Vitamin E Oil

2nd try using Lola'recipe
1st try using nettle & hibiscus powder

Ok,  I have tried creating these bars 2x.  Once following Lola's recipe and the one above.  I also tried the Anita Grant's rhassoul deep condish bars for comparison and I must say I don't care for it.  The  only time I sort of liked the results was when I mixed my recipe  with flaxseed liquid, except the rinse out was hard due to the nettle leaves, but my hair detangled and was soft and conditioned. 

I know I have mentioned these bars on FB and I didn't want to leave you guys hanging, but I didn't like them.  My results were just meh! I need more slip(probably why I liked the flaxseed liquid).  I've tried rhassoul clay and bentonite clay, cocoa powder, powdered herbs, olive oil, coconut oil...ugh!  I'm going to try one mo' gine and then I quite.

Even though my hair isn't really liking the recipe, by all means give it a try and share your results.  My experience may not be your own. and if you have any suggestion, I'm definitely open.  I might remove the cassia from the recipe.



Ms. DIY





2 comments:

  1. Awww, so sorry this didn't work for you hair. I will have to give your version a whirl. Love the molds, btw, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by! I got the molds from Home Goods. I'm going to give the recipe one more go and I will let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete