Un-petroleum jelly is supposed to be easily absorbed by skin (that's why I used Coconut Oil because it assist with skin absorbtion), unlike vaseline which coats the skin.
- 1/2 cup Oil ( use any oil of choice)
- For this recipe I used 1/4 cup Coconut Oil and 1/4 cup Castor Oil
- 2 TBSP Vitamin E Oil
- 1 ounces beeswax (weight)
If you find recipe to thick or vice versa increase/decrease beeswax or oil.
- Weigh out beeswax and place in double boiler
- Stir oil(s) as beeswax melts
- Stir as it cools and then let sit over night uncovered
Un-Petroleum Jelly Uses:
- lip balm/gloss ( add mica for color)
- sealing hair ends (won't coat hair like Vaseline/petroleum jelly)
- makeup remover
- See Vaseline post for more ideas
- Use in different recipes