Monday, September 5, 2011

Importance of PH and Hair Styling Results


This video is really helpful in helping me figure out my hair regimen and always getting the desired results.  PH is so important.  Depending on what hair style you are trying to achieve, KimmayTube suggest the follow product PH levels for desired hair results. 

Desired Hair Results
Fuller &Strecthed
PH Level = 6-7  (Neutral)
OR
Smooth & Curly Hair Cuticle
PH Level = 4-5.5 (Acidic)

As you saw here, I learned how to make my own hair conditioner.  I first planned to use this method to only make my deep conditioner and with no concerns about PH levels, but after watching the video on the post, I figured, why not make a leave in too?

I was previously using the neutral method according to this video but looking for the results of using acidic products.  My previous styling regimen was moisturize with water and seal it with oil.  I mean I liked some of my twist outs, but somedays I wanted a smoother look. 

The KimmayTube Leavein Recipe: Source
2 tablespoons of YOUR preferred conditioner (silicone free)
2 tablespoons of (Whole leaf version) Aloe Vera Juice with a pH 4.0 or 4.5
2 teaspoons of Castor Oil (optional. I sometimes do without it)
2 teaspoons of Jojoba Oil
Mix well.

What I don't like about this recipe is the store bought conditioner, since they all need some type of preservative and may contain synthetic ingredients, etc.  So when creating your formulas, just try using acidic ingredients, i.e. aloe vera juice and test the final recipes PH to gage what results your recipe will give you.....  Sounds like I might be doing my own experiment to test this theory out!!

You can use your own variations of her recipe, so I will take the general idea of the PH balanced product and create my own leave in and deep conditioner minus the store bought conditioner.  Stay Tuned for my results!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment