Thursday, August 25, 2011

DIY Deep Conditioner Ingredients

Since I have eliminated "products" from my hair regimen, I am currently on a search to figure out a deep conditioner for after my henna treatments.  I tried a recipe last week and I was not at all enthusiastic about it.  My hair was not dry , but it was a little frizzier than usual, so I'm unsure what I'm going to do; stop henna treatments or do more research?

Last weeks trial recipe:
  • Aloe Vera Gel
  • Raw African Honey
  • EVOO
  • Shea Butter
  • Coconut Oil
This sounded good, but it didn't give me that Boom Boom POW! feeling.


In my brief research most peoples diy deep conditioners contain protein, but it's not recommended to use this after a henna treatment.  Will a simple hot oil treatment suffice??? idk


Anyhoo, Here is a list of popular natural deep conditioner ingredients.  These ingredients can be used in several different variations depending on your preference and what is available to you. 

  • Ripe avocado protein
  • Ripe Banana/ Banana Baby Food
  • Raw Honey
  • Aloe Vera Juice/Gel
  • Mayonnaise protein
  • Coconut Milk protein
  • Coconut Cream protein
  • Egg protein
  • Yogurt protein
  • Carrier Oils/Butter
    • avocado oil
    • coconut oil
    • Shea Oil
    • Shea Butter
    • EVOO
    • Avocado oil
    • Wheat Germ Oil
      • Find great article about Oils, Water and deep conditioners here
These are just some of the ingredients out there that can be used and feel free to share any of your suggestions. 

Another simple way to create your own deep conditioner is to simply add honey and EVOO to your favorite conditioner and call it a day. ( I'm so tempted to buy me the closest to natural conditioner I can find and calling it a day)

Enjoy and Remember to share, I am always open to suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. shea moisture's deep conditioners are pretty all natural..maybe you should try one of those for after your henna treatments

    ReplyDelete