Anyhoo, these are a the Tips and Tricks I have learned recently.
- Nothing beats a good base and tops coat
- Don't buy the cheap stuff!!
- Alcohol will make your manicure last longer!!!
- Polish: Essie hands down! ( last up to 3 days) and OPI
- Base Coat: Nail Tek- Foundation II Base Coat- Ridge-Filling Nail Strengthener
- Top Coat: Seche Vite
This combination works great for me!
- Soak nails either in a dish or as I do, during your bathing rituals
- Apply cuticle oil or jojoba oil, Olive oil, etc and let sit for a minute
- Clean cuticles with cuticle pusher or orange stick
- Wash hands
- File nails in one direction and shape. Do not run file back in forth across nails tip. This will cause damage.
- Rinse hands
- Apply alcohol to nail bed. This will dehydrate the nail and remove and excess oils that cause nail polish to chip.
- Apply base coat. Allow base coat to dry.
- Apply 2 coats of polish or as desired. Let polish dry for 20 minutes
- Apply 1 layer of your top coat and drag brush across tip of nail to seal... Let dry
- Apply 1 layer of your top coat daily
Side note: If you like crackle polish, when your manicure begins to chip, apply a fresh layer of clear polish, then apply a layer of crackle polish. This help disguise chips and helps you last the rest of the week!!