I found this recipe below, but you can definitely tweak it to your hearts desires, just experiment. They can be purchased locally at your grocery store, look in the baking isle.
- 2/3 cup Distilled Water(room temp)
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp Guar Gum (use alone for vegan recipe)
- 1 tsp Carrier Oil ( you can adjust amount depending on hair type, i.e use more oil for dry hair)
- Pour water into blender
- Add Oil
- Start blender
- Add Guar gum and/or XG slowly
- Allow time for hydration (15-30minutes).
- You can also use a stick blender!
- Use different carrier oils/butters
- Replace water with aloe vera juice, hydrosols, infusions or decoction
- Add extracts
- Add EO's
- Add Humectants (honey, veggie glycerin,etc)
Just make enough for a few days or one application depending on need and if you want to make larger amounts, make this recipe into a formula using percentages! See method here