Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cleansing Grains II

This recipe is good for all skin types.

This recipe is similar to my previous post,Cleansing Grains .  But as I was attempting to make the recipe last night, I realized I didn't have all the ingredients.  I thought I had plain oatmeal or the flavor was separate, but I had fiber oatmeal with maple syrup pre-packaged.  Now that I think about it, I should have tried it, Maybe next time. 


This recipe, worked just fine and I loved the results.  It made my face feel like all the pore clogging dirt and oil was sucked right out, without feeling dry and tight.  I then followed this up with Thayers Witch Hazel toner and Coconut Oil for a moisturizer.

Note:  I have oily skin, so I would not recommend using the Coconut oil, it made my face feel oily and covered.  Trial and error right!

Enjoy and share your recipes!

Cleansing Grains Recipe

2 tablespoons bentonite clay
1/4 cup ground almonds
1-2 drops of lavender essential Oil

Place almonds into blender and mix until fine.

Combine almonds with bentonite clay in a bowl and mix.  Store mixture in a glass jar.

How to use:

Scoop out a portion of mix and moisten with honey and water/yogurt/apple cider vinegar  ( depending on skin type).  Be sure to use enough water/yogurt/ACV mix or the paste will be very thick and hard to spread.
Gently apply paste and scrub face.
Rinse and apply toner and moisturizer.

Use these mix at two times a week.  It serves as a great exfoliater, as well as cleanser for pores( draws out sebum that causes enlarged pores). 

Be sure not to use too often, to avoid tears on your skin or other damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment