Friday, October 22, 2010

Make Your Own Shealoe Butter

While reading a fellow bloggers page of Ayurvedic recipes, I came across Shealoe.  Shealoe is simply a combination of Shea Butter and Aloe Vera.  Shealoe provides all the benefits of Shea Butter, plus a refreshing cooling effect to the skin.  This mixture is also lighter than Shea Butter alone and can our hair be used for both your skin and hair.

I have used Aloe Vera Gel in my Whipped Shea Butter, but no more than a tablespoon.  I have not done a lot of research on Shealoe yet, but I would assume that it would still have the same sealing affects of Shea Butter.

As I mentioned in my post about Shea Butter, there are are many benefits of using it for both skin and hair.  If you have never used Shea Butter it is very thick and quit heavy.  For these reasons I do not necessarily like Shea butter, but I love the results and the protection it offers my ends ( Split ends are my enemy).  In other words, I deal with it.

100% Aloe Vera also provides many benefits to both hair and skin ( Should be Clear)
  • healing and soothing to skin
  • provides hold to hair for styling
  • moisturizing to Hair and Skin
  • Used to sooth sunburned skin
  • treats acne, dandruff, athletes foot, burns, eczema, insect bites, herpes, poison ivy, poison oak, boils, ringworm, scars, wrinkles, etc
Being Ms. DIY, of course I wanted to make my own shealoe instead of ordering it from some online vendor! 

Instruction

  1. 1/4 cup Shea Butter and 1/4  cup Aloe Vera Gel; Mix in blender
  2. You can add herbal/vegetablw/essential oils as desired
  3. Blend
Voila!!!

Whatever the amount you use, make sure the Aloe Vera Gel and Shea Butter are 50-50.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment