Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Protein Shake

I have recently decided that I need to make some changes, so I've joined a gym and started to get my workout on.  Ha!   But I'm not really eating right, which is counter-productive to my current 4-5 day week workout regime for at least 2 hours.  So, I've decided to try protein shakes in the morning for breakfast , because it is the most important meal of the day, which usually consists of coffee or tea for me as I run out the door to catch my train. 

I don't know about you, but I'm staying in the bed until the last minute, and I do not prepare stuff the night before. 

Benefits:

  • Starts your day of right
  • Assists with muscle building and restoration after workouts
  • Increases metabolism
  • Helps you burn more calories throughout the day and after your workouts
  • Curbs cravings and hunger  ( so when you walk past that muffin or vending machine you can keep going)  WILL POWER!!!!!  LOL!!!


This was my first try/recipe.  Please share your recipes or ideas, because I think I will need to mix things up in order to stick to it.

Recipe:
1/2 banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1 scoop vanilla whey protein( 20 grams)
2 teaspoons Ground Flax Seeds (fiber)
1 cup skim milk

Place all ingredient into your bullet/blender and mix!!

Follow shake up with an apple.  Remember, you should eat something every two hours in order to keep your metabolism going and avoid cravings that usually result in bad decisions. 

I felt full and satisfied and not as hungry as I usually feel by the time I get to work, which is helping me make better decisions.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh I LOVE this! Create a tab on your blog for this! I need to start eating right too so I'll be joining you on this quest! 40-50 lbs. to lose girl....lol! I need all the help I can get! Plus, I'm a SAHM so the pounds sneak on so easily!

    ReplyDelete