Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ayurvedic Shea Butter Hot Oil Treatment

So, while perusing etsy, I came across this Ayurvedic Body/Hair butter and thought it would be cool to try as a hot oil treatment.    I would only use this butter as a hot oil treatment since I don't really care for it as a daily sealer, I don't know why.  I guess it would depend on what Ayurvedic herbs I used, Anyhoo. This recipe would add the Ayurvedic benefits without all the mess and head dunking it takes to remove Ayurvedic pastes.   I have not yet made this, but here is how I would make it:

Ingredients:
  • Shea Butter Hot Oil Treatment
    • 2 tbsp Shea Butter
    • 1tbsp Coconut Oil
    • 2 tsp Honey
    • Ayurvedic Infused EVOO
      • Orange Peel
      • Brahmi
      • Hibiscus
      • Bringraj
      • Methi
 You can use any or all  of these Ayurvedic herbs in your oil infusion,  but remember to not use too much, there can be too much of a good thing.  Sometimes  when formulating we get so excited about all the herbal possibilties and overdo it. 

Instructions:
Simply use the same method of application as the Shea Butter Hot Oil Treatment

Find Oil Infusion Intructions here

Other Ways to Use Herbal Oil Infusions
Ayurvedic Butter/Pomade Recipe ( Coming Soon!)
OCM Cleansing Method
Hair Oil
Skin Oil


Refer to my Ayurvedic post to learn about each herb.


Voila!!

No comments:

Post a Comment