Infused oils are, simply put, carrier oils infused with herbs therapeutic properties. These oils can be used for skin, hair and cooking depending on the herb used.
What you will need:
- Dried herb(s) of choice
- Clean glass jar with lid
- Carrier Oil ( it's best to use oils that are beneficial to your skin type [dry, oily, allergies])
- Some Carrier Oils
- Olive Oil, Sunflower Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Apricot Oil, Avocado Oil, Almond, Oil, Jojoba Oil
- Using a crockpot or stainless steel pot heat desired carrier oil over low heat
- Add 8 ounces of desired oil (s)
- Add a handful of dried herbs or 2x the amount of fresh herbs
- Let oil simmer for two hours, stirring every 10-15 minutes
- Remove herbs from oil by straining them into a clean glass jar with lid.
- Take a clean glass jar and pour in desired carrier oil (s)
- Add a handful of dried herbs.
- Place lid on jar tightly
- Let jar sit for two week in light, Occasionally shaking the jar
- Remove herbs from oil by straining with cheesecloth
Use within 6 monthes - 1 year and know that some oils need to be refrigerated and have shorter shelf life. Avoid getting water in your oils to avoid bacteria.