So, I recently ordered me a closure piece ( hair extensions) because I'm feeling lazy and impatient with my hair so, I hope this protective style will save me from unnecessary damage. ( I get this way at least once a year, LoL). Anyhoo, in the care instructions they talk about using sea salt spray....What? So Apparently sea salt spray is a hair stylists staple and kept secret. It works wonders for hair extensions and hair!! Plus, if you can actually find a bottle, it will run you $25 and up.....ridiculous. SMH!
For those with dry hair you need to add moisturizing ingredients to the mixture. I have yet to try this spray, but I will try it on both my hair extensions and my own hair. I will post updates!
Have you ever used sea salt spray?
So what does sea salt spray do for your hair?
Your Hair& Hair Extensions
- Assist with creating beach wave look
- Intensify curl patterns
- Hair and Scalp refresher
- Helps Loc's lock up faster
- Helps with eliminating frizzes
- Assist with tangling and product build up (hair extensions)
How to use:
On damp hair, spray and scrunch!
Easy Peasey Lemon Squeezey!
How to make it: ( Create your formula)
- Distilled Water
- 1 tsp sea salt per 8oz H2O ( if you have oily hair, you can add more)
- 1/2 tsp of conditioner of choice ( combats dryness)
- Hair Gel (provides hold)
- Aloe Vera Juice/Gel (optional)
- EO (Optional)
- Oils (optional) Will not mix well, so will need to shake
- Emulsifier if oils added
- Preservative ( it is water based, but you might not need much because of the salt)
- Warm up water on stove or in microwave (does not need to be hot)
- Add Sea salt, stir and allow to dissolve
- Add other ingredients desired
- Pour mixture into clean spray bottle