Friday, June 24, 2011

Clay Washing

Clay washing is good for those who do not use a lot of silicone's and products.  It will not remove a bunch of product build up, however it serves as a hair and scalp detox, like a face mask.

Benefits:
  • Conditioner
  • Adds shine
  • removes impuries from the scalp and hair
So, I was on a vlog and they mention a clay wash they used.  So, I went to website and long story short, the crap was expensive for a small amount and after reading ingredients, decided I could make it myself.

Anyhoo, I will be trying this eventually after I finish my  1 month henna challenge!

 I have anotherquick post about hair mud using bentonite clay, however I have read there are some concerns about its ph level and drying effects on hair, so many recommend Rhassoul Clay instead.  This clay mixes well with water, aloe juice, etc.  So the possibilities are endless.  You can mix with water, tea infusions, extracts, aloe vera juice, honey, oils and any combinations. 

Naptural85 doesn't even have to use conditioners afterwards.  I can't quite wrap my head around using no conditioner though...  I guess you can look at this method as co-washing for those who know the curly girl method....interesting!

The cost of this one bottle, you could get 1lb of this clay and get 10x the amounts of washes.  Anyhoo.  I will be trying this recipe soon!

 Instructions;

  • Mix Rhassoul clay with warm water/aloe juice/hydrosol/tea infusion until it become a creamy paste
  • Add Essential Oils, Oils and/or Honey ( Optional and Recommended for those with dry hair) 

If you have oily hair, warm water will do!

  • Apply to hair and place a plastic cap on hair and let sit for 15 minutes and rinse!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment