Wednesday, November 9, 2011

All Braided up Regimen

So I have installed some box braids and although this is a protective style with extension, I still must take care of my hair and scalp, maybe even more so.  So this is my planned regimen and "products". 

P.S.  I was so tempted to just go to my local BSS and get some braid spray or curl activator.  Those are the only products I have EVER used on braids with extension, lol!


Daily Moisturizing Spray every 1-2 days (P.S.  I make only enough per moisturizing session because I use tap water and use no preservatives)
  • 4 oz water
  • 2 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
  • 1 tsp Veggie Glycerin
  • 2 tbsp Debating to add a little conditioner???

Scalp Oil- 1-2x/week
  • Infused Jojoba Oil
    • Hibiscus flower
    • Nettle
    • Rosemary Essential Oil
    • Lavender Essential Oil

Ayurvedic Butter every 2-3days
  • Seal in Moisture
Clay Wash & ACV Rinse every 1-2 weeks
  • Focus on scalp to prevent dirt balls (I don't know what else to call them,lol) from forming and ripping out my hair
  •  Going to make clay wash very fluid for rinsing.
So my regimen isn't really different except I will be oiling my scalp and there will be no daily manipulation.

How do you do to maintain your Braids?

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. I didn't realize I could use the same products when my hair is braided with extensions. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, me either, but this regimen really worked for me and I didn't have too many of those knots during the takedown. I think the ACV rinses were key in keeping those down.

    ReplyDelete