20% Shea Butter
10% Jojoba Oil
20% Cocoa Butter
15% Mango Butter
5% Castor Oil
20% Coconut Oil
5% Rosemary Extract
5% Vitamin E Oil
This mixture is of oils I like for my hair, but could be used for my skin as well. If I were to make this whipped butter for my skin, I would add/substitute almond/avocado oil.
I'm also really interested in trying Jojoba butter. I'm not a real fan of shea butter for hair most days, but I like it at the same time for it's weight and staying power in the winter months.
- Take Butters an oils and weigh out each
- Place butters in double boiler or microwave(at low power) and allow to soften, not melt.
- Add Coconut oil, jojoba oil, Castor oil
- Remove mixture from heat source
- Pour mixture into glass bowl
- Begin mixing for 5 minutes
- Allow mixture to cool and solidify a little
- Mix again for 4-10 minutes or until fluffy
- Add rosemary extract and vitamin E oil
- Place pomade in desired jar and store in cool & dry area